We got to know about this doctor through many people. Apparently she has a good reputation here.
She is board certified in pediatrics and decided to get certified in integrative medicine and got some training under Andrew Weil. I have never heard of him but checked him out online.
And she has been doing this for about two years. Per her, she does not do any shots, chelation etc and follows the dan principles and practices evidence based medicine about herbs, nutrition and natural ways of healing.
She met with DH and me and got some basic background.. regarding our family and S.
and we expressed our concerns.
1.Autism and not improving much despite a lot of therapy.
2.Eye contact remains poor
3.lack of sleep- most important right now.
4.constipation.
Take home points from her.
1.She has seen a lot of kids improve on gfcf and wants us to try it, gradually. She was really pushy about this. That disappointed my husband who feels that it is going to be really hard for S.
2.Super Nu thera: hold off for now. it made my son a little hyper. reason: it has about 10,000 times the requirement of vit B6 and that can make people hyper and the syrup is made with artificial sweetner base.
we decided to introduce multivitamin later.
3.Coromega: ok per her, and she gave us a suggestion of a concentrated omega 3 on line, which I will post later.
cod liver oil: postponed for now.
4.sleep: melatonin start very low dose , and can try valerian root, all over the counter,.
can try baths with epsom salt.constipation may also affect his sleep.
5.for constipation : suggested flax seed meal: in a powder format in yogurt.
Again ,she stressed that she expects us to get rid of all the casein and glutein in a few months.
talked to us about coconut milk yogurt, and coconut milk etc.
right now we are giving him about half of almond milk which is poor in protein etc and so she had some more suggestions too about protein supplementation.
She is going to put down all the reccommendations/discussion in a letter and mail it to us and I will post again about it.
total cost $150.
It is satisfying for me to spend money on these things, I feel I am doing something.
I am going to try out the above and post again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SOunds good
ReplyDeleteWHat about tests to find out if he has the need to be GF CF or not
Have you read - Changing the COurse of Autism
Thanks Kajoli, I will check it out
ReplyDelete