We are trying to figure out what is the number of hours of sleep that S needs for "optimum performance".
Last week,one day, S slept for a totally unknown reason 11 hours at night and maybe 1 hour nap in the afternoon.
His speech therapist commented that " this is a differerent child and we want this kid, I dont know what you did to him".
Last night was 8 hours, which considering his track record, is still pretty good.
We do co sleep and for some reason, he liked the material of my blouse, it was like a t shirt type thing, and he kept touching it. He woke up at 5.15 am.
I was trying to get him back to sleep till 6.30 am , futile.
Then it stuck me, that i could use that am time for floortime instead of after work, when S is winding down.
Maybe me trying to do floortime and getting him all excited is preventing a good night's sleep.
So here is the plan,
When S wakes up early like 5.30 am, try for no more than 10 min to get him back to sleep, if he does not , use that time to play for 20-30 min which is great.
That will also probably get us all in the habit of eating a healthy breakfast instead of just milk and I will be on time for work.
In the evening, starting about 6.00 pm, I am going to dim the lights, soothing tones, massages, rocking so ultimately he can be ready for bed around 8.30-9.00 pm.
I am still going to use this quiet time for a different kind of floortime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am soooo glad he is sleeping
ReplyDeleteThe idea of a different kind of floortime in the evening is great also