Wednesday, May 20, 2009

worst vacation of my life

ok , this may sound like I have been on many vacations.
Our first vacation was last year to disney world and it was great, a few weeks later we went to Lake george and then my life just fell apart with autism.
everything changed.That was a year ago.
I took some time off here and there but that was to communicate with the therapists and get some home work and chores done etc. I was looking for a time to really get away.
We had to come to see our little niece in california and they have a beautiful house right by the pacific ocean. Their home faces the ocean and we can go out and practically live outside all year round. I managed to get a week off due to coupling this trip with conference here in San Francisco.
But my husband, is working and we are not doing anything here. We have been here since Sunday, that is 4 days, and it is horrible.
we have been to the park once and walking once, arguments many.

Basically we have been home, doing nothing and S is watching TV. sometimes he is going to play in the water fountain but that is all.My idea of vacation is not to go to walmart or to be with relatives all day long.

At least get out for some time during the day. It is such a drag to get my husband out of the house to do anything at all. If we settle watch tv and eat all day long, it will be fine with him.And my dreadful mood rubs off on my child.



I wish I could go somewhere with my kids alone.


1 comment: