S had a physical therapy evaluation. He qualified for services!! I am hoping that S would stop qualifying for everything like this.
Anyway.Main issues of concern
1.Does not jump. down from a height or in the same place.
2.Does not throw or kick a ball.
3.Can use a ride on toy and scoot with both feet only when motivated.
4.Some low tone in upper body.
5.Prefers to use right hand more and need to coordinate use of both hands.
6.Push and pull heavy objects.
7.toe walks a lot these days.
8.As a result of toe walking , his calf muscles are getting bigger. That may result in some problems in feet but none detected yet.
They are going to come once a week.
S has access to a trampoline at day care, with spring coming up and more outdoor time, I think he will thrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are right .. I bet he will do great when there is more time outside
ReplyDeleteEven the air is healthier outside - also the Sun with Vitamin D provides a very important nutrient for Auties
In our situation - you know it took me a while to figure out just how important all the physical stuff was to all the rest of it
As in the more I focused on Sensory, the better everything else got
If I had any option I wanted when I went back
I would simply focus on Speech Therapy , OT and Floortime ( with some biomed )