Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DAN!

I have been thinking and thinking about the dan thing. To Dan or not do DAn.
Well I need to Dan.
I am desparate and need to look into everything .. right?
I read a lot, checked out some DAN! websites, and read two books, child with starving brains and jenny mc carthy book,
I have also been told that it is good if you start the baby on GFCF, multi and omega 3 s and then take the child, ?because the doc is going to recceommend this anyway?
So here is what we did .
1.Started coromega, initially eye contact improved , then became more stimmy and hyper.so stopped.
2.started multivitamin, kirkmans super nu thera, takes like crap, started throwing up, we had no time for this, and he got hyper, project got aborted.
3.Then bought probiotic, still lying in the fridge.
4. We now have started omega3 eggs, which contain a good quantity of omega 3, well something is better than nothing
3. We are also giving two smalll yogurts in one day, which have special probiotics, well wont hurt, his severe constpiation is better.
5.Then bought almond milk and now gradually mixing in more with his milk, currently at 50%.
I am enquireing about two doc, Neubrander and Kenneth Bock.Bock is closer to us but I am not getting a good feeling, but Neubrander is far, but sounds better.
We will start calling and setting up appts for Mar/apr.

1 comment:

  1. OMG you cannot imagine how long we stayed at this stage too-to do or not to do
    I would definitely go see neubrander if you could - on the autismweb message board his brother rick posts a lot
    The Kirkamn vitamis are sooo hard to give - we have started giving him EMERGEN-C atleast it tastes like Tang
    Kajoli

    ReplyDelete