Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family/friends get-togethers

I got this idea from two people, Kajoli and Isra.
From Kajoli's blog, understanding Greenspan wisdom, we need about 3 hours ie 6 sessions of 20 min floor time daily.
Well we get in about 1 maximum daily.
Need to get that better.
Another thing was that , we need at least 2-3 playdates weekly. How to get that done?
I get back from work at about 6-6.30 daily and barely get time to cook and give a bath.
From Isra's email, she mentioned that she gets together with five other Pakistani families on a weekly basis almost each weekend and usually these gatherings have about 10 kids!

I am thinking , what a cool thing it would be, if I could get something like that going... a few family friends with kids mostly similar to our kids meeting almost each weekend, at somebody or my house and hopefully eventually having potlucks...

Not only would it give a sense of community to Divya but also get more people familiar for S, it would not exactly be play date and eventually it will be.

Just a thought.

Like this party we got invited to last week...My thoughts that morning of the party were
1.Oh no.. Do we have to go?
2.Oh No, what if S gets stressed out and acts out?
3.What if he eats?
4.What if he does something crazy?
5.Imagine the waste of time, I could do laundry and some floor time in that time?

I have got to stop thinking like that.
I have to start thinking of entertaining more... probably in the spring, when dad can take the kids to the zoo in the morning and I can get some cooking etc done?

This coming saturday, we have been invited for a birthday party to the Sandbox,again the same set of kids.

I am planning to call these parents and kids to my house for a valentine's day party on Feb 14th?
I want to start preparing for that.

1 comment:

  1. One hour of floortime per day is VERY good especially if you are managing to do it on a pretty regular basis
    I struggle to reach that
    ALso I think you are headed in the right direction with the playdates - but I would try low key first .. Just one family with one kid maybe
    A bunch of kids

    ReplyDelete