we were invited to our friend's place for a party with five other families.They all have kids the same age as ours.
Thankfully, I was able to enjoy my children as well as the others. There were two little girls about 18 months old and one of them was a big talker. I had a great time with her, playing with her.I did not think of not having the same experience with Sanjay and no.. I did not cry.
I just felt light.
Sanjay also did well.
He found things familiar to him, a ball, train, puzzles,crayons and used them appropriately.
Some new developments/behaviours that I noticed...
1.Noticing strangers more.
2.Gave eye contact to some grown-ups.
3.When another woman picked him up, he pointed towards me and signed want.
4.For the first time found a squishy yellow ball and held it, then threw it and then went found it again.This he did for about 2-3 min.
5.For the first time, lined up things. This is a surprise for me. He found a box of crayons, and opened the box and lined up about 100 crayons. when a little kid came curious and wanting to join in, he was maaaad.He screamed and gave himself the mad squeeze.
6.Found a fancy round spiky wooden bowl and for some reason, circled that several times.
7.There were about ten kids there and when the noise became too much(I think) he went away to the formal living room to play by himself.
8.he is also developing a temper and wants whatever he requests immediately and is not able to tolerate a lag period.I need to work on the meaning of "wait" for him, that will also be a opportunity to increase circles of communciation.
9.Another good thing is that I could just spend some time with him and even do some 5-10 min of floortime.
10.I noticed that Sanjay loves knifes, not the play/plastic ones but the real sharp ones.At home, when we are cutting anything, he is always asking for it and same thing at their house too.
11.the only bad thing in the whole party was that he did not eat anything.He refused to eat.
I guess that is due to the habit we have formed to eat while Dora is running and to eat in his own chair only.... I wonder what I will do differently next time?
Rest all, I will not change a thing.
floortime wise, I guess I will have to join in to the lining up thing or use crayons myself etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW what a load of improvement already .. this is amazing .. keep it up .. dont worry too much about things like lining etc .. its just a coping mechanism to deal with stress in the way we do things like shake our feet when we are bored or tap .. he was probably just stressed with the new environment
ReplyDeleteyes 20 minutes at a time .. in our case it takes a while to build to even that LOL and if we get out of practice it gets orse and worse
ReplyDelete