Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Indian party

ok, so finally I called three families over for a party at home.
Total of five kids and eight adults with one baby in utero.
The adults all had great time.
My menu remained the same. I just realised that we needed more serving type containers and better cooking pans.
The items turned out great and I was proud of myself.
So I started cooking in the morning, dal and mattar paneer was done by noon, and then the potato was chopped and I used the frozen for the biryani.
We did end up with fruit and icecream salad and bhel puri.
So what did I do with Sanjay through all this?

Nothing.
Morning, nothing, I played a little. then I had to put the Tv on .. and that is the worst part.
Then he took a nap and I let him for THREE hours which was terrible but worked for me.

During the party: Sanjay was overstimulated as soon as everybody came inside and there was too much noise. Slowly he did take some notice and settled down.

I did feed him food which was better than having a party at somebody else's house.

What I would change next time...
I would spend more time with the kids because I am doing this only for them.
To be honest, I am not doing this so that I can spend and chat with the grown ups... I like them a lot but ...
This time, we kinda sat down and chatted while I dont know where or what Sanjay was doing.
Also be better organised.
the previous night,I would prepare some basic materials so that I dont have to spend more than 2-3 hours and those hours I can get when S is napping instead of stealing time away from him.
That defeats the purpose.

I am working next weekend.

Sunday was really relaxing, we had leftovers and no cleaning, which we did the previous night.
lots of cuddling.

I am planning on the relaxing mode today, rocking chair and just cuddling.
The problem is that I dont get any eye contact and I am not sure if he is zoning off or he is in my world.

Eye contact is such a challenge with him. What an irony. He has the most beautiful eyes and eye lashes and he does not look at me.

1 comment: