Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lining up

As I mentioned in my previous post, S lined up all the crayons for the first time at the party.

hmmm.. I thought, why?
I mentioned it to all the therapists, there are 5 and one program coordinator and no response,
1.OH?- program coordinator-Masters in special ed.
2.wow- speech therapist
3.hmmm.. special education instructor
4.Interesting, that is seen with kids on the spectrum- another speech therapist.

Finally kajoli( mom) commented that it may be a stress response.
Aha... she is right, he never did that in familiar environments, he was anxious, stressed and there was too much noise and he resorted to getting some order to this chaos by lining up all the crayons he could find..... I think.

I really wonder, all these people with tons of degrees, do they know about autism and its diversity? Do they understand that every behaviour is communication?

1 comment:

  1. Really its one of most empowering and frustrating thing at the same time that you - mom knows S better than all the professionals

    ReplyDelete