Thursday, February 12, 2009

what will make me happy

Now I am thinking , instead of thinking why I am sad, why not focus what is going to make me happy and channelise my energy into that.
Sanjay's progress is what is going to make me happy. I am so fixated, that my darling daughter says such sweet things and I wonder when Sanjay is going to say such things.. instead of .. you know??
I had written a previous post on my different projects and how to implement them and unfortunately I could not accomplish any of them.
I got a lot done in the month of december and started PECS with all this zeal but then stopped... I dont know why?
It has been one and a half months, nothing, that is just driving me nuts.

Then, I decided that , what I needed to do at home was not ABA but floortime.
I got fully into floortime.and wanted to do atleast one session ie 20 min daily with Sanjay, that has been a struggle too.

I am so tired and so is he.
Today the floortime trainer told me that it is possible to do floortime when it is time to wind down also. She gave me some ideas because she saw that Sanjay was sucking his thumb so much and stimming so much from 6.00-7.00 pm that it was difficult to get anything out of him.
Solution, join him in his mood, recognise his mood, his sensory needs.
how would you feel after 8 hours of rigourous work?
Plan,right after he gets back from day care, warm milk, in the lap with caresses, very soft light, soft voice, then water play in tub, again, try to get the soft tone, soft voice, join him in his mood, sing gently. massage.Keep voice low .. and use few words, use varying tones and sounds instead.
If he lays down,lie down with him, ....
Questions... but he is in his own world and not interacting with me then, what shoould I do?Also and most importantly, I have another child who wants mommy, she is only 4.. how I can ignore her?
I will email her. and post again.
Again, my plan, I need to get some Indian lady , who can come and cook for us daily and clean for one hour.

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas of joining him in his mood .
    The first step in floortime is "observe" and its very easy to forget that step - can you s imply rock together in a chair
    Too much therpay is not a good things either
    Also can D join in with you - like could you rock in a chair cuddling both of them listening to music

    ReplyDelete